Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Wool Felted Necklace

I saw felted wool necklaces about 3-5 years ago when I first discovered felting. I always wanted to make one so I set out to give it a try.  I created small felted wool balls and then found two black fabric necklaces at Michaels for $2.00. However I wasn't able to thread them or figure out a way to push them through the beads. So I ended up using embroidery thread to string the beads, combining and tying all the necklaces together and then sewed a plastic button clip on the thick fabric necklace part so that the necklace snaps on and off. This project turned out mediocre. It was an experimental project and it's wearable. :) There are many alternative ways this could be improved upon.



No comments:

Post a Comment