Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

You are Imperfect Table


I picked up this end table at a yard sale this summer for a dollar! It then sat in my basement until about a week ago untouched. I picked up some Martha Stewart sample paint colors at Craft Bits & Pieces for .50 cents each and got inspired. The stand was hideously painted so much so that I didn't want to scare you with a "before" picture. :)  I sanded and primed the entire piece. I then used one of the sample paints, Green Tea and painted the entire piece except for the top which I painted off white. I scuffed up the top a little and then used a metal alphabet stamping set to stamp in the following quote, "You are imperfect. Permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful."  I polyurethaned the piece with a couple of coats to finish it off. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with the stand since I don't really need it, but it was a pretty good experiment that turned out well.



1 comment: