Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fun With Felt

I went to our local Clothesline Festival; http://mag.rochester.edu/clothesline/ this past weekend and left with my head spinning with creative inspiration and ideas.  Here's a couple of ideas I walked away with and tried out this week. I admit I cheated since I didn't have any raw felt to work with and I admit it was easier and cheaper to buy pre-made felt balls to work with on these projects. (2.50 with a coupon at Michaels for a pkg. of about 12)

The first is colorful creative flowers that will not die which I created to brighten up my office that has a hard time keeping plants alive. (Oh wait is that my inability to remember to water real plants?) I took the pre-made felt balls, a hot glue gun, wire cutters and some green flower wire (.99 a pkg- and I had left over from another project) and created this batch of flowers. It's pretty simple; cut the wire to desired length, poke a hole in the felt balls and hot glue the wire into the flower. Twist the green floral wire as desired and put in a cute vase. Took about 10 minutes total.






The acorns are also a 10 minute project.  I took the remaining felt balls, searched around at work under a tree for acorns that were hollowed out tops only and hot glued the felt balls into the acorn tops.  I put them in a fall decorative dish with scented pine cones and candles.



(sorry about poor quality of this picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment