Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Paris Cabaret ooo lala

The Cabaret we went to last night was the Nevue Eve or something like that. I wasn't quite sure what to expect with a cabaret performance but it was really fun. I've never sat front row at a show and let me tell you, this was not the one to be sitting in the front seat! I had to cover my eyes at times, but all of the men left smiling ear to ear. It started out risqué with the dance performance being topless as we're the follow up performances. The best part were the comedian and acrobat performances in between the dance ones. The show started at 10:15pm and and we didn't get back to the hotel until 12:40 am and then back up at 7 to start my last day in Paris.

 Today began with a visit to Notre Dame cathedral followed by a city tour where we visited the Eiffel Tower and ended at the Opera House. I then got off the bus and walked around with a very nice Aussie couple, Carolyn and Dave. We walked and walked and walked and walked some more. We ended up walking about 6-7 miles over 5 hours. We went to the Louvre, a large park, the original city centre which is on an Island, and did a ton of other hot spot must see sights.

I apparently looked French today- must have been my wrap and the way I walked with confidence. ;) I had 3 people stop and ask me for directions, one was a person who spoke French and another was a different language. I was actually able to help the other and give directions to the Opera House. The third person I just gave my extra map to.

 Oh, being in Paris on a Sat. in the summer I saw 6 bride and grooms having their pictures taken at places like the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. It was a pretty sight. I'm now getting ready to pack up and head to a farewell dinner where for once we get to choose our own meal. Some others mentioned getting snails and frog legs. That won't be me! I think we're also going to go see the Eiffel Tower at night. We will all say goodbye after dinner as everyone has different plans after tomorrow. Some are staying in Paris, others heading back to London, others continue on traveling for a couple more months and then others will be heading to the airport home.

Oh, after I wrote that I wasn't sick I woke up the next day sick. I've had a wicked sore throat, cough in my chest, and swollen glands. Painful but I haven't let me slow it down. After tonight I'll be ready to head home and sleep in my quiet wonderful bed in silence in my beautiful home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lovely.

The Cabaret- La Nouvelle Eve



Notre Dame Cathedral- Famous Gargoyle statues

My lucky 5 Euros I found.

Eiffel Tower

Part of the Louvre

Little flower girl.

One of many bridal couples that could be seen all over the city.

I've got the Eiffel Tower in the palm of my hand. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered this blog and I love it! I'd like to use your picture of the "eiffel tower in my hand" for a blog that I'm doing about canonical visual size (it's a lot more interesting than it sounds--basically, it talks about why we are drawn to tiny things.) I will give you full credit and include a link to your site. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete