Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

4th of July Race and Fun

I ran my third race in under 3 weeks on the 4th of July. My friend Amanda's family came in from all over to run the race as a family which was very cool. Her parents had been training for the race since they aren't runners. It was so cute!

It was a perfect morning to run. Way better than the previous week. It was cool and sunny.  I got some new running music for my iPod and the race course was relatively flat with just a few bumps.  I ended running the race in 23.31 which was better than the previous week.  Still I think I'm bound to be 4th in my age division for females.  Another woman beat me by 10 sec. for 3rd. Oh well. Here's the breakdown of my stats for this run. Overall 126th out of 630 runners and 4th overall for my age group (30-34).

Perhaps the best part of the day was that everyone came over to my place and my parents and grandma came up for the day and we had a big bbq in the afternoon. It was a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment