Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dumpster Diving

It was the last day of the semester for me at work this past week. All of the students were packing up and heading out of town for the summer.  It was very quiet on campus so I was actually able to get a lot of work accomplished AND have time to finally take lunch breaks.  I ran on lunch some days and walked with a co-worker another day.  On the last leg of the walk we went by the apartment dorms and there was a large dumpster beside it with a lot of garbage students were throwing away.  While I'm not a trash digger let me tell you that students throw a lot of "good" stuff away.  Among other things, I eyed a cool rug laying on top.  I'm pretty sure I embarrassed my co-worker by making us back track where I struggled to reach over the top of the dumpster and pull the rug out.

I laid it out on the ground totally expecting to see some really gross stains including puke but to my surprise it was in perfect condition and it was a fairly good brand. I rolled it up and carried it up the hill to my office. I vacuumed and fabreezed it and it's now decorating my office floor. It fit in perfectly with my decorating scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment