Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Fun Things I've Done This Winter

1. My friend and her "little sister" invited me ice skating outdoors at Manhattan Square Park. It's the first time I've been there in the 12 years I've lived in Rochester. Of course it was a freezing cold day. Thank goodness I remembered to bring hand warmers! We had a blast and later watched a movie and had hot cocoa to warm up.
That's me trying to skate with one foot in the air. I still "got it"!


2. Created By Us pottery with my mom. Totally fun. Next I want to check out their wine and pottery event that they host once a month.

3.  Saturday art is always fun. A great opportunity to hang out with friends, catch up and learn a new art technique.

4. Stampin' Up card making party with my friends. Lots of food (and yes I actually cooked and made an awesome creamy tomato basil tortellini soup) and fun creating on a cold winter night. We actually had a large snow storm the previous night and into that morning. For the first time in almost 2 years I got out the snowblower that was given to me when my sister moved south. I've been afraid to use it as I like all of my limbs.  Neighbor Bob came over and made me give it a whirl. Ironically I loved it and I have the biggest and strongest snow blower on the block!

Arrr...the power. Loved it! Even snow blowed Neighbor Bob's driveway!


5. Hosted book club at my house. 14 people and an entire table and counter full of potluck food and drinks. This was a lot of fun!
New books read this winter:
Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick    *****
The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bojahlian      ****
Currently reading; The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler    TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment