Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 ROCO 6x6 Phenomenon



Hooray it's that time of year again! The Rochester Contemporary Art Gallery is gathering submissions for their 6th annual 6x6 fundraising exhibit.  I've participated every year by donating artwork and have been a sold out artist. I've also purchased a piece of artwork each year so I have a little collection going in my art studio/office. Hmmmm I wonder what piece I will add to my collection for this year?

Anyway, I enjoyed working with actual 6x6 canvases last year and decided to purchase another set this year. With a 50% off coupon at Michaels I was able to get a pack of 4 for $7.  I've had them for about a month but haven't had any time to work on them. Something about working full time and taking part-time grad classes. Yuck!!!  I finally made it to Sat. art and lugged all of my materials, stamps, and paints with me.  I'm glad I did as I had fun working with layers, textures and prints.  Originally I wanted to use charcoal and put images and maybe quotes on the canvases after layering the background but ultimately I decided to leave them as they are.  I thought they came out looking pretty cool and are versatile this way. I'll keep you posted on if I'm a sold out artist this year and which piece I end up purchasing for my collection. 

If you'd like to participate in the exhibit, donate a piece or purchase a piece you can check out this fundraiser at; http://www.roco6x6.org/6x6x2013_intro.php. Don't forget you can always share your creations with me here on my blog! Go create today!





No comments:

Post a Comment