Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Knitting Like a 90 Year Old

I purchased this really cute knitted cupcake hat for my niece and decided to make some matching baby booties. Problem is I only know how to do a basic scarf when it comes to knitting. However, my  friend Sarah is an awesome knitter and said she'd help me make the booties. So I reached out to her and we ended up having a Saturday morning knitting session with some other friends also. I told my sister I was getting together to knit and she laughed stating "Isn't that something 90 y/o women do."

I brought over hot cocoa and latte mixes and others brought scones. I love my friend Sarah's apartment. It's on the third story and is cozy and reminds me of a tree house for some reason. It's the perfect place to curl up and knit.

I felt a bit bad for Sarah as she didn't get to knit a whole lot herself since she was helping us to make/learn knitting, but she didn't seem to mind.  Anyway, Sarah taught me to follow a pattern, the right size needles to use and the correct yarn to use.  By the time we wrapped up our knitting session I had one cute bootie made and another one started. Later that evening I turned on the fireplace and sat down to finish knitting the second bootie.  Thanks Sarah!!!


Here's the cupcake hat that prompted it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment