Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

Updates

I've registered for one race this year so far. It's the Puppy Love Virtual 10k. It benefits the Humane Society. Here's the information: http://www.active.com/rochester-ny/running/distance-running-races/the-puppy-love-run-a-virtual-5k-10k-half-marathon-rochester-2014.  You get sent a bib and then you can run outside or inside as long as it's on February 8th.  I'm all set to sign up for the Mess a Dress race on Jan. 15th. Here's the information: http://www.trailsroc.org/messthedress/. I'm still up in the air about registering for the half marathon. I'm still training and up to 8 miles. I have until around the 15th I believe to register at the lower rate. We'll see what I decide. :)

Below is a clipping from a new group that has been creating dresses and dolls for the Dress A Girl Around the World Rochester site.  I just happen to drop off about 40 dolls that the institution I work for made. I taught some of the Occupational Therapy students and clients how to create the dolls and then later the OT club made a bunch to donate.



Other news is that I was asked to be the Art Therapy Club Advisor for a group of students at the institution I work for. We spent fall semester jumping through all of the hoops to become an official club.  We go before the Senate of the UA at the end of January and I have full confidence that we will get accepted and become an official club on campus at that point. I'm very excited to be a part of this new adventure.

In addition, I applied for an open Board position for the Western New York Art Therapy Association (WNYATA). http://www.wnyata.com/ It is the Delegate position and is for two years. I found out just prior to Christmas that I was accepted and will attend my first meeting as a Board member tomorrow evening. Again, I'm excited to be a part of this initiative but feeling a little anxious as to the amount of work it may add to my already overflowing plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment