Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My New Position with WNYATA and upcoming event

In June of 2014, Western NY finally successfully started an Art Therapy Association chapter thanks to the hard work of a few dedicated art therapists. (No I wasn't one of them.)  I did right away become a member though and in December a Members Only meeting was held.  A position had opened up on the Board and I decided that I should become more active in the art therapy community so I applied for the position.  I found out right before Christmas that I was chosen and I accepted the position. My reservations were and still are the amount of work it will be on top of all of the other full plates I have spinning at the moment but I really want to give it a go.

We met in January and though an event for February was rudimentary in the planning stages we began pinpointing everything that needed to be done and who was going to do it.  I took on the event day pamphlet making and helping to spread the world about the event.  Our first event is a collaborative effort with The Little Theater and is an afternoon of focusing on Veterans issues and what everyone can do to help Veterans readjust when they re-enter their communities. You can check out the advertisement below or take a look at the following link for further information; http://thelittle.org/event/Jan14/welcome-screening-315pm-pre-show-performance-jason-moon-2-3pm-cafe.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a successful event.  It definitely has the makings of a wonderful community event.


No comments:

Post a Comment