Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crockpot Cooking, Races, Sweaty Bands, and Dresses

Okay, so last week was a really rough week for me all the way around. However, I've spent this weekend being somewhat productive, creating and rejuvenating and I'm ready to begin this week with a fresh start.  Below are some of things that did bring me enjoyment this weekend.

1. I registered for another race. This is called the Color Run 5k. I've been helping the Community Service floor students at the college create this race. Proceeds go to the Hickock Center for Brain Injury.  I'm slightly worried about how cold it will be since the race is March 22nd, but I'm going to hype myself up for it. It's going to be awesome!

Here are the upcoming races I'm registered for:
Feb. 6th- Puppy Love 10k (I still want to pick up a cheesy puppy shirt to run in.)
March 22nd- Color Run 5k
April 12th- Mess the Dress 5-6 miler. (It's also my nephew's birthday so it will be a great day!)

2.  The Sweaty Band company held a special MLK day grab bag sale. You could purchase sweaty bands for $4 each!!! I rarely stick to brand names but when I find a product that last and actually works I stick with it. This is one of those products. They are originally 15-20 dollars each. I ordered 2 during the sale since I just got 2 at regular price for Christmas.  It was pretty fun not knowing which ones you would get. I was pleased with both of mine. One is very colorful and will be perfect for the Color Run.



3.  I picked the dress for the Mess a Dress race.  The vote was in 4:1 for the pink dress. I'm totally feeling like Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink. I started altering the dress this weekend. I literally think I had to cut off about 2 feet of fabric and tulle. Some of the tulle I'm going to recycle and put another layer back on the dress. I've basically got it ready to hem and take in. I think I'm going to by some satin thick ribbon to create the straps of the dress. Stay tuned to see how it turns out!



4.  I actually read all of the books for my 3 February book clubs! This was a huge feat since two of the books were very long and intense books.  Below are the books and my ratings for them.
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides ***.5
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt ****
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes *****  (This one made me cry or rather sob uncontrollably for the last 100 pages.)

5.  So anyone who knows me knows I'm not a good. Hence my Pinterest account which has mostly food pins because I would love wonderful food like I see on there but I don't want to have to cook it.  Well last night I got an idea and craving for a crockpot meal and it was still there this morning so I decided to give it a whirl.  OMG...it was sooooo good!
Recipe:
1 can of cream of chicken soup/1 can of water
1 chicken breast (reg. size) or I tend to have one that is cut in half
1/2 a cup of sour cream
Put in crockpot and leave all day on low.

I then have a rice maker which makes thy most amazing rice ever! I made a cup of rice in it and put the crockpot dish over rice. Yummy!!!!  Even better is that I have enough left over for a second meal tomorrow night.


6. I also worked on my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project. I must admit I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the thin paper and trying to do work on both sides. Everything seeps through so I have a page I finish and really like and then no matter what I do to try and protect it when I'm working on the opposite side something always seeps through. Even using pencil when you close the book will rub off on the opposite side. Oh well... I will not be defeated and will continue to create!


Splash monsters! Very fun and easy to create.

Recycled piece from a different project.



Poor picture. Water and varies pencils, and sequins.

Fabric, wool and embroidery piece.











No comments:

Post a Comment