Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

60th Birthday Card Obession Surprise

My card obsession started late September when I found out there wasn’t any way I could make it home to surprise my dad for his 60th birthday.  I was trying to think of some creative ideas and came up with creating 60 birthday cards for my dad. I pulled out all of my card making supplies and started out enthralled with a funny monster series then moved on to a series of things my dad enjoys like mowing the lawn, hunting, fishing, etc… By card 30 I was pretty much over the cards but I rallied through and by gathering some ideas from online and Pinterest I was able to make it to 60 cards.  It took me about 3-3.5 weeks working on creating the cards over the weekends, on my lunch breaks, and during the evening.  I think they turned out very well overall.  I mainly used watercolors, permanent markers, and paper.  Luckily I found enough envelopes for all of the cards.  


After making the cards I had to address all of the envelopes which took an evening. Then I realized I still had to write in each card!! Oh boy- that took some additional time. In the end I got the project all done ahead of schedule. I’m planning on mailing them all out about 6 days before his Nov. 1st birthday.  I’ll write an update on what he thought receiving all of the cards!!















No comments:

Post a Comment