Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Updates Galore

Here's what's been going on over the past week.

1.  I received my Global Art Project for Peace partner.  I'll be swapping artwork with Jalan Yani Km from Banjarbaru, South Kalimantan, Indonesia.  I mailed out my Global Peace Project to them last week. I can't wait to see the artwork I'll receive.  Check out my earlier post to learn more about this global art exchange project: http://creativecaseysblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/global-art-project-for-peace.html

2.  I've continued to receive more zendoodles in the mail.  I have 6 out of 12 so far. It makes it exciting to check the mail everyday, instead of just seeing bills once and a while I get these awesome zendoodles from around the world.  Each one is unique.  You can check out my earlier post regarding the zendoodle community art swap here: http://creativecaseysblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/art-therapy-happiness-project-2014.html




3.  Disappointing news...I did not win the Creativity and Madness scholarship yet again. I'm totally done entering this scholarship.  This was my third and final try.  I'm pretty sure they have something against art therapist.

4.  My family was in town visiting and this was the first time in 4 years we were all together for my nephew's birthday.  He turned 7 years old on Saturday and is getting to be sooo big.  It's great to see that he's still a happy go lucky kid and I love him to pieces.  So much so that I offered to make the cake for our family celebration. Now if you know me, you'll know this is a big deal as I pretty much rarely cook or bake.  My nephew requested a cookie cake so that is what I made.

I purchased some black frosting and made spiders and other gross bugs to put on the top using the frosting and mini m&m's.  The real feat was getting to my parents house (2 hours away) without anything happening to it. Especially as I was heading there right from the mud race I participated in.  All in all I think my nephew enjoyed the cake. All you heard was silence as he chowed a piece down and then requested another piece. :)




5. Here's my April book club books I've read and my ratings:
I am Malala by Mala Yousafzai ***.75
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood ****
Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple ***.5


No comments:

Post a Comment