Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Binky Patrol Project



Since making the decision to not pursue an Esty Shop at this time, I decided to look for a non-profit to donate the small blankets I had made.  I went searching out positive inspiring causes and came across Binky Patrol.

Their Mission:
We are an all volunteer, national, non-profit organization making and distributing homemade blankets to children born HIV+, drug-addicted, infected with AIDS or other chronic & terminal illnesses, those who are abused, in foster care or experiencing trauma of any kind. Our recipients are from 0-18. 

They can be found at: http://www.binkypatrol.org/


The blankets I had created fit into the binky patrol measurements so I sent all 6 of them off to one of the donation sites. Hopefully some babies will be comforted by them as I was (oops still am) comforted by mine.





1 comment:

  1. I love your binky! The ones you made are cool too ;-). I get made fun of relentlessly by family because of my "tatter" (as they call it). Happy to hear there are others out there... It is the perfect texture and weight - why give up a good thing.

    ReplyDelete