Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Warm Hearts- Warm Babies Project



My November/December charity project was to knit hats for premature and newborn infants in need through a Colorado non-profit organization Warm Hearts-Warm Babies; http://www.warmheartswarmbabies.org/.   I learned how to knit recently from my friend Leslie. I've been knitting a lot of hats that may end up eventually on my Esty shop. I decided that I could easily knit a few hats for this charity. I sat down one evening and knitted for about four hours and ended up creating four hats all using left over material from other varies projects.

Here is the information on the organization:
Warm Hearts~Warm Babies. We are a group of kind-hearted volunteers that help to make life easier for Colorado's tiniest citizens. We sew, knit, crochet, and quilt for premature infants and babies in need.  We donate to hospitals, crisis pregnancy centers, shelters, law enforcement agencies, foster care, WIC offices, and individuals across much of the state of Colorado.  All of our gifts are donated free of charge and 100% of what we receive in donations goes to help the babies.  

So if you are looking to give a little this holiday season keep this project in mind!
Enjoy the pics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment