Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

DIY Storage Dresser

I was looking for a simple cube style unit to put storage bins in for my spare room. I couldn't find any on craigslist or that were new and in my price range. I did however find this cheap $5 laminate bookcase on craigslist and got the idea to build it up to make it taller. So I went to Home Depot and purchased four of the top decorations for fence posts ($3 each). I then used drywall screws to drill and attach the post tops to the bottom of the bookcase, turned it upside down to paint the "now legs of the bookcase" and whalah...magnifico! Total project time about 1.5-2 hrs.  My mom had gotten the bins for me previously on sale for $3 each.  I think it turned out pretty good and will work for what I want it for.


Sorry I was bad about before and after pics. But here is the pic with the raw legs attached.


I'm also considering taking off the backer board on the bookcase so that I'm able to push the bins in a little further.



No comments:

Post a Comment