Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Students Making a Difference

At the college I work at there is a big community service/civic engagement program. When I started volunteering for the Dress A Girl Around the World program I decided to ask around and see if any students from the community service type of programs at the school would like to get together and create some dolls that I would deliver to the Dress A Girl program. The college programs jumped on board and on Mon. evening Nov. 5th at 8pm about a dozen students got together with me and our receptionist who joined in and we listened to music and created about 30 dolls in 1.5 hours.  I had created a brief powerpoint presentation about the program, agency, and founders including pictures of the monthly meet up and other dolls and dresses that had been created.  Many students expressed wanting to go to the monthly get together and be a part of this project.

Below are pics of all of the dolls created that night.




No comments:

Post a Comment