I created this clock as a sample for an art therapy exercise I used with HIV affected children/teens quite a few years ago. It was a group of all males who loved creating and making things. The premise was that they each built a clock from scratch and what they painted on the clock had to do with representing their culture/family of origin. Mine was a based on a melting melt.
This clock then got placed in various spaces over the year. An office, our kitchen and then sitting on top of a book shelf for a couple of years since I moved. I've been searching for a decent clock for my work office for about a year now. The one that came with my office even with a new battery had a life of it's own and jumped the time continuum daily. Then I attempted to order one from Office Services department and they thought they were being helpful by giving me one that was given to them for storage...it's a huge classroom size clock and for lack of something better I've been using it, but it sticks out like a sore thumb. So, I've taken matters into my own hands and decided that while my clock from years ago is pretty neat looking it doesn't really look professional enough for work.
Below is my effort to give the clock a face lift. It was an interesting process where nothing worked out according to plan. First I painted over existing image with a solid metallic burnish red color, then I put a coat of crackle clear paint on, and then a coat of black paint topped with a satin varnish. Let's just leave it as the mixing of all of these elements made an interesting end product.