Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Artistic, Cheap and Functional

I wanted to create a base to hold two individual coat hooks for my office and went googling shopping for cool designs. I found this awesome group called "The Crosbie" on Esty. It originated with 3 graphic designers who use a piece of wood, neat looking coat hooks and screen printing to make these awesome fun yet functional coat racks. They also make many other cool products; key hooks, necklace holders, etc...

I don't know how to screen print and was very tempted to head to the art store to buy the supplies necessary to screen print, but fought the urge and utilized my own skills to create my version. I still have to screw down the coat hooks but I like the outcome. It was easy and fun, but I'd still like to try screen printing another time.








1 comment:

  1. I need one of these, oh yeah, and one of everything else you have made! You are truly a gifted artist!

    ReplyDelete