Part of the reason I have neglected blogging lately has been due to my efforts to spend time with my niece and nephew, enjoying my new SO relationship and being being in love, meeting new people and getting out and around in my new city to see what it has to offer. Here's some of the adventures I've been up to:
1. Weekend in Asheville, NC with Mr. Pilot - Amazing food, art galore and the Biltmore Estates tour
2.Taking part in a new bookclub through MeetUp- books read:
-Offshore by P
Anthony Doerr ****
3. My apartment complex had a wine and cheese night which had great food and I got to meet some cool people that live here. They also had door prizes and I won a gift card out to eat!
4. I was a mentor for the Girls On The Run race/program and ran with an awesome 5th grader during the race. She came in 1st place for her school. Mr. Pilot was the best and came with me and we volunteered to help with parking before the race. We had to be there at 5am which was way to early and it was freezing out. He was such a trooper!!
5. I started participating in a Sat. morning running group. They run a couple of different distances but a few weeks ago without training for it I ran 10 miles with them. It was a bit painful towards the end but I was so proud of myself. I plan to go again this week if I can get rid of my sore throat and congestion.
6. I'm signed up for the Myrtle Beath 1/2 marathon in March and Mr. Pilot and I are planning on signing up soon for the Disney World Star Wars 1/2 marathon in April. Stay tuned for more news on that one!
7. I just recently joined an Arts and Craft Group on MeetUp. I was suppose to go to the first event Monday night but I had a wicked time flying back from NY Monday. I could have driven the distance in the time it took to fly. Needless to say I didn't get back in time to get to the MeetUp but I can't wait for the next one!
Stay tuned for more projects and adventures...