Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, September 7, 2015

The Art Bar experience

About a week ago it was a cloudy Sunday afternoon. I've been staying with my sister and her family for the past 5 weeks until I could move into my apartment. I had gotten hollered at yet again and needed to get out of the house.  I researched art places in Columbia, SC and came across Studio Cellar; http://www.studio-cellar.com.   It's one of those places where you can go to a paint class and paint something specific that is instructor led OR they have an Art Bar where you can go and pick a canvas and use their paints and just create.  You can order some finger foods and some wine and create what you want.  

I loved this place. It was just what I needed on that rainy afternoon.  It's a beautiful brick building with hard wood floors, exposed brick walls and exposed wooden beams. It's decorated great with artwork all around including their bathrooms and there are the clear strands of light all around.

I got a small 6x6 canvas, saw an image I liked, ordered a mimosa and went to town painting for a couple of hours. I had great conversation with one of the college students who worked there who is an art major and learned about the art scene in the area.  I ended up creating my own image where I used the Palmetto logo for SC on my painting.  This was a great time and reasonably priced. The drink was a bit expensive but I decided to splurge on it. I'll definitely be going back!









No comments:

Post a Comment