Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Brainery Bazaar & a FREE Class


I had planned on stopping by the Brainery Holiday Bazaar http://rochesterbrainery.myshopify.comthis weekend specifically because I had scheduled to meet up with Amanda from Circuit Breaker Labs https://www.etsy.com/shop/CircuitBreakerLabs. I had met her at May Day and asked if she took computer donations and she said yes. I turned in my old laptop to her brother who was running their booth when I got to the bazaar yesterday. I did this for three reasons, 1. it's good to recycle/upcycle 2. what better way to make sure no one figures out how to revive your computer with all of your important data on it then to have your hard driver cut up into small pieces 3. it feels good to help a local artist out.  I was slightly disappointed to only receive $10 store credit but hey a. what was I going to do with a dead computer and b. any credit is good credit.  I had been wanting to buy a piece of their jewelry for a while so I splurged and bought a bracelet (instead of earrings or a necklace) in the hopes of getting something different than I normally would so I would try to where something new.  I got the bracelet below for $15! Thank you Circuit Breaker Labs!

I had no idea the bazaar was going to be so large. It typically is only in one room at The Brainery but the booths were throughout the hallways surrounding the business and a lot of artists were crammed in the space.  Unfortunately I was rushing to get the free class that Yelp of Rochester offered as a co-host to this event.  Don't worry though because I had time to check out the rest of the bazaar following the class.

So Yelp of Rochester offered 4 great free classes you could sign up as cosponsors to this wonderful festive event this weekend.  This was the only class I had time to take:

Mistletoe mayhem has you stressed to the core? Join us for our essential oil class with DoTerra. We're making bath salts and bath bombs to melt away the stress the holiday season brings upon us. (They make great stocking stuffers too! Who doesn't love a handmade gift?)

Recipes we made:
doterrablog.com/best-bat…
doterrablog.com/diy-fast…

In conjunction with the Brainery Holiday Bazaar Presented By Yelp Shops Local: bit.ly/1ruFeCwwe're bringing you Yelp's Holiday How-To -- a series of classes that will take place during the Brainery Holiday Bazaar featuring local businesses. Holiday prep, we've got it covered from stocking stuffers to decadent dessert designs.

This ended up being a really fun class. I made probably about 9 bath bombs and one small jar of soaking salts.  These make cool and pretty easy gifts. I think it would also be fun to have a get together with friends and make these things.

So what was everything I got at the bazaar.  The circuit bracelet, a free grocery bag, bath bombs, soaking salts, a free bottle of vitamin water, the chance to make a screen printed holiday card, and they had the awesome photo booth from the same company that did the pics from the Photofinish race.  I got my pic taken on my own and they had festive gear you could wear.  I know pretty lame but hey you have to get into the spirit of the season and have fun whether you are with people you know or by yourself. :)


My goods. The wrapped packages are from Writer & Books. They were having a party for anyone with a Little Free Library this coming Monday but I couldn't attend so they let me stop by early and gave me some packages full of books for my LFL.

My bracelet made out of circuits.

Lame photo booth pictures.

My screen printed holiday card.

Home made bath bombs and soaking salts.

Here's a pic of the awesome book tree for the holidays that Writer & Books created from a fundraiser for Little Free Library's.




No comments:

Post a Comment