Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

New PR!

I ran in the first Teacher's Challenge 5k this past weekend. https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Rochester/TheTeachersChallenge5K
This race was to benefit our city school district teacher's and students. I did most everything you shouldn't do before running a race. Like high milage running all week and the day before, a party the night before and not enough sleep. Although I was quite tired and my hair was a bit frizzy I still ran well and did surpassed my previous PR.  I placed 35th out of about 500 runners overall. In my age division for females I placed 4th out of 117. (I would have placed 3rd if I had been 5 sec. faster.) My time was 22.46! I felt like a slug about half way through and had pushed it to fast near what I thought was the end (the race map wasn't clear at all) and so once I realized I had another 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile to go I felt even slower. So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the finish time. What was perhaps even cooler was a guy running in a funny costume behind me (I could hear him on my heels the entire time) came up to me and said thank you for inspiring him but his goal was to keep up with me throughout the race.



My friend Amanda and neighbor Bob's daughter Stephanie also ran in the race and they both did great.  

Next up is the Music4Everyone race this Sunday which will mark the one year anniversary of my first race and then 5 days later I'll be running in the Brighton July 4th race before taking some time off before the Warrior Dash!


No comments:

Post a Comment