Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Updates:

Okay I know it's been a bit but I have been creating and checking out new art venue's in my area.

Here's an update on what I've been up to.

1. Perhaps the coolest news I have is that I finally applied and received my DBA (Doing Business As) which I plan to use to have a future Esty shop. My sister is a genius and came up with a unique name that perfectly describes me and how I want to define my business. I'd tell you the name now but I want to wait until I actually get it up and running. Why spoil the surprise! I'm thinking realistically it won't be until July as the logo is being worked on, I'm building my inventory and between work and a few future travel adventures I'm going to be busy in the coming months. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

2. My "Words of Birds" mixed media series was recently exhibited at a faculty/staff art show.

3. The "Words of Birds" series is being donated tomorrow for the ROCO 6x6 art exhibit being held in June. Check it out at: http://www.roco6x6.org/6x6x2012_intro.php

4. I was asked and will be a juror for the "Metamorphosis" annual art show. This art show is hosted by The Creative Wellness Coalition of Rochester, NY. This Coalition provides numerous creative arts groups free to people with mental health challenges. You can check out thier innovative program at: http://mhcrochester.org/

5. I went with a friend to First Friday which is a great way to check out art gallery's and find unique studio spaces and ideas all over the city for FREE! There is often FREE wine, food and music throughout the night at different places. This was an awesome night out- a great way to help get the creative juices flowing. I think a lot of cities have something similar to this. Check it out at: http://www.firstfridayrochester.org/

6. And lastly I'm trying to work on creating a piece of art work for an exhibit for The Shoe Factory Art Co-op. The art show is a summer exhibit at a local cafe Starry Nites and the theme is "Fly Me to the Moon: Celestial Bodies". You can check out The Shoe Factory and the exhibit details at: http://www.shoefactoryarts.com/ Of course I'll blog if I ever create a piece that I think worthy of submitting.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment