Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Repurposed Plaque Awards

I decided it was time to get rid of all of my HS and college awards and trophies. I decided that the plaques could be reused into necklace hooks or coatracks. I took off the award metal and then lightly sanded the wood. I painted them and then used various materials I had to create a certain look.

The two mosaic looking plaques were created out of a watercolor picture I created (that is in another post). I cute out the strips and mod podged them on. I did several coats of mod podge and then several coats of varnish. I had wooden knobs around and painted them and put them on as the hooks. On the larger plaque I used scrap booking paper for a layer and then vintage music paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment