Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mother/Daughter Adventure in Enamel Pendant Making


I decided to get creative for my mom's birthday present this year. She enjoys being creative but there's not a lot of opportunities to take classes in her small hometown area. So, I purchased through the Memorial Art Gallery's Creative Workshop program an enamel pendant making class for her for when she came up to visit and I we both took the class together to celebrate her birthday. http://mag.rochester.edu/creativeworkshop/ I should tell you that neither my mom nor I have had any experience with enameling with glass which is what this class was about.

We started our day with massages at Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage,http://www.ostm.edu/ and then headed to the afternoon pendant making class taught by Yvonne Cupolo. yvonnecupolo.com This is my second class with her (I made the Sterling Silver ring at her class last fall- see earlier blog for details). I like that the classes are small and the teacher has a lot of patience for all of us first timers. When you think you did something VERY wrong and ruined your piece she always found a way to fix it and make it better.

We even got to create more than one piece. My mom made herself a necklace and earring set and I made a necklace for me and one for my sister who lives out of state and couldn't join in the fun but I wanted her to be a part of this special day.

My mom and I loved the class. Designing your piece is so much fun and easy that we could have spent tons more time there creating and trying different techniques and designs. Would highly recommend this type of class to others.









No comments:

Post a Comment