Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Bubble 5k Race

The Bubble 5k race came to my city this past weekend.  I was set to run it alone and then 3days prior to the race on a whim I was visiting my sister and asked my 9 year old nephew if he would like to run this fun race with me.  I showed him the video and told him he would have to contribute half of the cost if he wanted to run ($10). He actually said yes he wanted to and so I signed him up.  He ended up spending the prior night to the race with me. 

I took him to the packet pick up so he could have that experience. Then we picked up some snacks, went swimming, had pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Followed by some Atari competition and watching Ant Man.  The morning of the race I woke him up very early and we ate breakfast, got our gear on and then headed to the race.  My nephew shared that he was excited but a little nervous.  I had to keep reminding him that this was just for fun.  As soon as we ran through the bubbles at the start I think he let all of his anxiety of what to expect go and we both ended up having an awesome time and making great memories.  Let's just saw when his mom came to pick him up later he didn't want to leave and said he was having a fun time with his Aunt. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment