Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My first Make-inar

I was surfing the internet trying to find affordable art therapy CEU trainings. While not successful on that front I did come across this FREE Make-inar through Inner Canvas; http://www.innercanvas.com/ which is hosted by therapist Lisa Mitchell. Here is her blog; http://www.innercanvas.com/blog/.  The Make-inar she hosted last week was titled "What Matters in Psychotherapy".  I will admit that by 8pm when it started in my time zone I was exhausted and unsure if I wanted to participate.  It was recommended that you prepare your materials ahead of time (of which I did not do).  However at 7:47pm I decided that I would participate and raced around gathering and cutting the supplies (4 pieces of 8x8 watercolor paper, water, watercolors, paintbrushes, scissors and markers).


I will say that I'm glad I participated. It was a new concept to reach out with 100 therapist and artist from around the world and watch a live presentation that included all of us making art together. While creating we listened to Lisa talk about different aspects of being a therapist and helping us to recognize what we do for others.  We created a therapist guide as something tangible to remind us along the way when we are tired about why we are therapist.  We just created the basics and then posted them on her Inner Canvas Facebook page.  But these guidebooks are something that we can keep working on at any time.  I'd like to do some of her other online trainings/workshops but even with the discount code she offered to us that evening it was still to expensive to sign up for a class at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment