Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Running Shenanigans

I will admit I begin a Southern wimp in January 2016. I was registered to run in the Red Shoe 5k Race and totally wimped out because I had to wake up really early in the dark and it was snowing and freezing out in SC. I chose to stay in a warm bed instead.  I made the mistake of checking the race results and discovered if I would have ran I totally could have taken first place for females in my age group. After being highly disappointed in myself I signed up for other races and made sure I ran them!!

In February, I can the Mardi Gra race in Columbia and places 2nd overall female which was pretty cool. I decked myself out in Mardi Gra colors and decorated my face in 30 sec. the morning of the race.



I also at the last minute decided to do the Polar Plunge to raise awareness and funds to support the Special Olympics. This is an organization that is close to my heart and I fully support year round.  I was able to do the Plunge this year because while freezing it was not frozen like in Rochester when they do this each year. I raised about $90-100 bucks in about 2 days. :)





In March, I ran in the Myrtle Beach half marathon with my friend from work.  It was horrible...I thought I was dying...but I pushed through it and made it to the finish line. My time was 2hrs 3 min.  Not to shabby since I was in so much pain that I thought I was running it in 2hrs 40min..  I'm still not sure if I ever want to do a half marathon again.  The slogans are a description of how I felt running. Although I do feel like I need to redeem myself.








Also in March, I convinced my boyfriend to run the Leprechaun Leap 5k in Chicago with me. It was his first race ever. To show my support I ran at his pace and felt like I did a pretty good job cheering him on along the way. It was also fun because they turned the river green that weekend so we got to go check it out.







Upcoming race lineup:
April- Heart and Sole 5 miler
May- Xtremeair 5k obstacle race
June- Glo 5k -night race

I'm pretty excited for these races!!

No comments:

Post a Comment