Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Runnin' of the Green 2015

I finally was in town and around for Johnny's St. Paddy's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile race.  I was a little apprehensive about the race because I had just come from running outside in 85 degree weather and now had to run in the cold and snow/rain.  In addition, I'd been feeling out of shape so running a 5 mile race was something I wasn't quite sure about.  A few of my friends were running and my mom was in town to watch.

It was a fun race in that there was 1,384 runners and a lot of green and funky outfits going on.  I wore my clover socks and kermit the frog lucky me t-shirt (purchased for a total of 4.50 at Savers) and though I wasn't sure how'd I do I set off to have some fun.

I ended up running the race in 40.18. I placed 351 out of 1,383 overall and 11th out of 95 women for my age group.  While I was warm during the run I was wet and freezing afterwards. I did enjoy the green bagels!














No comments:

Post a Comment