Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Artist Trading Cards

A good place to check out other artist/crafters is www.reddit.com/r/crafts. Almost 2 months ago I found a thread on this subsection of Reddit that piqued my interest:
I vowed to make some artist trading cards not really knowing anything about them. It sounded fun to create some pieces and also really neat to trade with others and collect some cards from artists all over.

I've been traveling for the past 4.5 out of 6 weeks and brought some simple materials with me (all sorts of paper, scissors, black permanent marker, pencil and glue stick) and collected things from my travels. I began creating some cards while traveling and now that I'm home I created some more and finished the others. You should be able to tell the theme: traveling! I think they turned out pretty well, but later while reading another subreddit I discovered I didn't make them the OFFICIAL size 2.5 x 3.5. Mine are a little larger (3.5 x 5). oops...oh well.

Anyone interested in trading an artist card please leave a comment under this blog on which you'd like (I'll title them all), how to obtain your mailing information and how to check out your cards. Once a card is traded I'll mark it as such.

"simple life"


"the adventures of travel"


"the beauty within us"


"It's all about the food" - Traded


"Emotions"


"Dare to travel" - TRADED


"Oh, the places you'll go!"- Traded


"Today is the day"


"Traveling with optimism"


"Treat yourself with flowers"


No comments:

Post a Comment