Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Racing Wall Project

I kept noticing on my Facebook feeds that there were companies that made plaques to hold your race bibs and ribbons. I ended up thinking that it might be nice to have one to hang my ribbons on versus their current place (hooked over a dining room chair).  Of course I didn't want to pay $40 for these plaques so I set out to make my own.






I headed to Michael's with a 40% of coupon and found a wooden plaque to use as the foundation.  There was many more choices than I had anticipated and originally I didn't think I'd want one to hang my racing bibs so I opted for a small square.  I also wanted a somewhat rustic look.  I'm not sure the end product is exactly what I wanted but it will work for now.  I painted the plaque grey and then Caribbean blue over it. I used sandpaper to give it a distressed look and then painted a quote on the top.  I used metal hooks that I already had a package of in my tool tote, predrilled holes and then put the hooks in.





Total time invested about 1.5 hours. Total cost invested $4.50.  I'm not sure the end product is exactly what I wanted but it will work for now. If I had to do it over again I would use a bigger board and use stencils to write the quote. This would make things less crowded and half of the board could hold bibs and the other could hold many more medals then what this one can.














No comments:

Post a Comment