Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, June 20, 2016

Mixed Media Paintings

I finally did some painting. I was encouraged by a couple of co-workers who commissioned me to created some art for their offices.  The top image is a large piece of canvas and has a ton of texture but it's really difficult to see from this picture.  I used a ton of different paints, stamps, joint compound, and did some jelly printing. In addition I cut out some different sized butterflies out of paper to create templates and dipped in a plate of white paint. Then I pressed them on the canvas and rubbed them before gently peeling off the paper to real the image.  This was a fun piece to create.  It took a couple of nights to complete about 6 hrs.



This piece didn't take very long at all to make. About 2.5 hours.  I had purchased a canvas at Michaels about a month before because it looked neat and was 60% off. The canvas was pre-printed with the writing on it and cost only about $5 or 6 dollars.  Then I used Alcohol Inks, gauze (new but left over from my surgery), cotton balls, rubbing alcohol,  stamps and permanent markers to create this piece. I was recovering from a painful surgery and was weaning myself off the medication and trying to not be depressed about feeling miserable.  Since I couldn't sleep much during this time I spent time creating.



This piece I created before the other two.  I had been wanting something for my front door for spring/summer time but didn't want to spend a lot of money.  I went to Michaels and found this US wooden plaque and it was reduced to $4 or 5 dollars.  I brought it home and painted this in about an hour and now it's been hanging on my front door. Brightens up my home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment