Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

DIY Coat Rack

I created this coat hanger from all recycled materials. I took a piece of 80 year old gumwood molding (it was a small piece of baseboard from my home that wasn't being used) and cut it to size. The edges were routered. This made it look pretty nice on it's own. Then I filled in any uneven surfaces with wood filler and sanded smooth when dry. I used acrylic paints to paint the background and chose asian symbols that had the meaning I was going for and applied with a black sharpie marker. I had a few left over hooks from a converted closet in my house (again they were goldish in color and 80 years old). I scrubbed the hooks down and applied three even coats of a flat black rustoleum spray paint. Drilled holes on the front for the hooks and then a couple of holes on the back for hanging purposes. Tada... you have the final product...a pretty good looking coat rack for free!





No comments:

Post a Comment