Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

Chocolate Facials- the new it thing!

While in Costa Rica, I noticed most of the spas were offering chocolate facials and/or chocolate body wraps. I really wanted to try one but missed the opportunity at the hotel that was having the special spa treatment cost (the rest of the hotels were very expensive for the treatments). It just so happens that in the Living Social section of the D&C paper the weekend I returned had a front page section on the new and upcoming spa treatments which are chocolate facials!  The article even had a recipe for one.  I gave it to my mom and asked her to gather the ingredients for my visit home this past weekend. I brought the wine and chic flick (Chasing Maverick's), she supplied the facial ingredients and while giving us an endulging look my dad took the pictures of us trying out the chocolate facial.

So, how was it?  Well, I taste tested the treatment mix before using it and it actually tasted really good.  My mom put it on my face and vice versa. It was cold and weird texture, a bit lumpy. This could be because we ground up oatmeal because we couldn't find oatmeal powder.  Both of us felt that it was a little itchy on and sense I have sensitive skin and am allergic to everything I started feeling a bit paranoid that I was allergic to it.  I waited it out and perhaps the grossest part of the entire adventure was the washing off of the goop. It didn't harden on our face so it was just messy to wipe off.  In the end we both felt our faces felt smooth and silky. And the part- I wasn't allergic.  Oh and I continued to eat the left over mixture from the bowl. My mom eventually took it away from me knowing that I would get sick if I kept eating it. :)

If you want to try it out. Here is the how to; The Chocolate Mask:
1/3 cup of cocoa
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons cottage cheese
1/4 cup of honey
3 teaspoons oatmeal powder
*Mix together and smooth on face.
*Relax for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.






No comments:

Post a Comment