Search This Blog

Creative Casey's Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saturday Afternoon Art: I Wish I May, I Wish I Might...



 I finally made it back to saturday afternoon art at Leslie's. It's been a while because the weekends have been busy.

She had these great watercolors that looked expensive but created vibrant colors. I decided to test them out. I'm not really good at watercolor but I like to really wet the paper, put the ink down and then rotate the paper to just see what kind of magic happens.  I then played with some iridescent acrylic paints and stamps for some added texture. I've been wanting to create a fairy of sorts for a while but as you can see I've been more into abstract art and since it's been a while since I've actually created an actual image I was nervous. I used watercolor pencils and started forming the fairy. I ended up using a fine tip permanent black marker to make her stand out more.  You can tell I was insecure at first while creating her because she is so small compared to the large paper. In the end I wish I would have created her larger. Perhaps next time. I added some already created wooden circles and star to the image for some additional dimension.  Then for some reason the Star Light Star Bright words popped into my head.  Maybe because I've been wishing for something for a while now and wish it would come true... Again, I'm amazed at the unconscious that comes out freely while I'm creating. Most of the time I don't recognize what my art means until I'm done and sit back and reflect on it. Then I'm like, "oh yeah that makes since...that's where I'm at emotionally right now."

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. It was really fun, I got into the zone while creating and as an added bonus I don't dislike what I created!




No comments:

Post a Comment